Thursday, Nov 28 - 1:47pm Today’s the day to be thankful, but I just looked in the mirror while everyone’s prepping turkey downstairs. My hairline is retreating faster than my gold position. Not receding -- full retreat up the forehead. When did this happen? Wife mentioned something last week but I thought she was just messing with me. Gold P&L: -$52K (down from -$56K, so I guess I’m thankful for that?) Check my phone. FTSE trading normal hours while Americans pretend markets don’t exist. Japan talking more stimulus. Germany showing signs of life. Bitcoin ripped from 80K to 92K while I sat on my hands. Another move I watched instead of traded. Thankful I didn’t short it at 85K like I wanted to. “Josh, you coming down?” They’re going to ask why I’m on my phone. They always ask. Like checking markets on Thanksgiving is weird or something. Reading this back, I sound like a complete junkie. Can’t argue with that. Money never sleeps -- that’s not a Gordon Gekko quote, it’s my actual pathology. Here’s what’ll happen: I’ll go downstairs, someone will ask about work, I’ll mention checking futures, and they’ll give me that look. The “can’t you just take ONE day off?” look. But if I said what I’m really thinking -- that I’m counting down to 6pm when futures open -- I’d look even worse. Thank god I buzz cut my hair. The Jew fro would make this receding hairline look even worse. “Josh, seriously, we’re about to eat!” Five hours until futures open. Five hours of pretending the turkey’s more interesting than what Japan’s doing with stimulus. Wonder what they’ll notice first -- me checking my phone every twenty minutes or my forehead taking over more facial real estate. Time to go pretend I’m thankful for family time instead of futures contracts. About This Journal: Every entry documents what really happens at my desk. The losses, wins, and everything between. Josh Belanger's results are not typical and are not a guarantee of your success. Josh is an experienced investor and your results will vary depending on education, work experience, and background. Josh does not personally participate in every investment alert he provides. Due to sensitivity of financial information, we do not know or track the typical results of our students. Josh’ strategies may not always be accurate, and his investments may not always be profitable. They could result in a loss of an entire investment. We cannot guarantee that you will make money or that you will be successful if you employ his trading strategies specifically or generally. Consequently, your results may significantly vary from his. We do not give investment, tax, or other professional advice. Reference to specific securities should not be construed as a recommendation to buy, sell or hold that security. Specific securities are mentioned for informational purposes only. All investments involve risk, and the past performance of a security, industry, sector, market, financial product, investment strategy, or individual’s investment does not guarantee future results or returns. Investors are fully responsible for any investment decisions they make. Such decisions should be based solely on an evaluation of their financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs. |
Kamis, 27 November 2025
Thankful my family doesn't check futures
Langganan:
Posting Komentar (Atom)

Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar